Here is my furniture buying guide:
1. Comfortability. This might seem obvious but it’s why I like to sit in the furniture before I buy it. I like to feel it, lay on it….inspect it.
2. Quality. Another reason I need to see it in person. If the floor model has stood the test of time with hundreds of people sitting on it- chances are it’s going to survive my family.
3. Material. I always get a high performance fabric. It’s easy to clean and is stain resistant. Spend a little more and get a high quality fabric.
4. Price point: this really depends on what you’re buying. I don’t spend a lot of money on Accent chairs or trendy Ottomans. I know I’m going to change them out in a few years. But when it comes to recliners and sofas, I’m in it for the long-haul. So I am willing to spend more.
5. Customer Service: again, pretty obvious- BUT if the customer service is not great when you are shopping, there’s a good chance it’s going to be TERRIBLE if something goes wrong with your purchase. Always buy from a company that has a good reputation and stands behind their product.
This is why I go to Wayside. I have shopped there since I was a kid ( no joke). The showroom is ENORMOUS, I get lost everytime. They offer custom options as well as in stock options. I can send my clients there knowing they will be taken care of. I could go on and on- but I’ll stop there for now.
Swipe to see all the gorgeous items purchased from them!